Emergency crews fight flames on roof, solar panels catch fire in Munhall

MUNHALL, Pa. — Emergency crews in Munhall fought flames on the roof of a house where some solar panels had caught on fire.

Munhall Central Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company said they were called to the 100 block of Lawrence Avenue at around 2 p.m.

When crews arrived on the scene, fire was coming from the roof, and had solar panels attached.

Firefighters used tarps to cover the solar panels that were undamaged by the flames so power would not still be drawn from them as crews were working.

The fire was put out before it could spread beyond the roof.

Two dogs were evacuated from the home. No residents were home at the time of the fire.

Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Channel 11 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch WPXI NOW