HVAC system catches fire at KinderCare in Marshall Township

MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Pa. — Emergency crews were called to a daycare in Marshall Township on Friday evening after the HVAC system caught on fire.

Firefighters and medics were called to KinderCare in the 100 block of VIP Drive around 4:55 p.m.

At last check, no injuries have been reported.

KinderCare has released a statement:

We are thankful no one was hurt when our center’s HVAC system caught fire this evening. Thanks to their training, our teachers and staff were able to act quickly and calmly as they helped all of the children safely evacuate our building. We’re grateful for their swift action.

Our center will be closed until further notice while we assess the damages and make repairs. We do have room at nearby KinderCare centers for Wexford families and staff while the Wexford center is closed. We’ll contact all of our families over the weekend to talk with them about their transfer options.

Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Channel 11 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch WPXI NOW