PITTSBURGH — With so many people in the region now working from home, working remotely and doing online school work, here is a list to some resources you may need.
Have questions about the spread of the coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.
Here is a list from a variety of internet providers if you need to sign up at a free or reduced cost:
- Comcast Internet Essentials: https://www.internetessentials.com
- AT&T: https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/ (Phone: 855-220-5211)
- Sprint: https://fedgov.sprint.com/app/ConnectEDII/ProgramRequirements/2-0_lp
- Spectrum: https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist.html
- Verizon: www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-account/lifeline-discount
- USAC: https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/lifeline-support-affordable-communications
- How to turn your phone into a hotspot (be sure to check with your cell phone provider regarding possible charges): https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-turn-your-phone-into-a-wi-fi-hotspot
Allegheny County has started a website that aims to stop the spread of misinformation about COVID-19.
You can visit the website HERE.
- Samaritan Counseling Guidance, Consulting is offering video and telephone therapy during the coronavirus outbreak. Visit samaritancounseling.net or call 412-741-7430 for more information
- Steel Valley Wellness Group LLC is offering telehealth to patients. Click here to visit their website or you can call 412-368-3535 for more information.
Allegheny Power 800-255-3443
Duquesne Light 888-393-7100
Penn Power 800-720-3600
Armstrong Cable 724-776-4200
AT&T Broadband 412-741-1840
Comcast Cable 800-824-2290
Verizon Fios 855-326-9185
Columbia Gas 888-460-4332
Dominion People’s 800-764-0111
Equitable Gas 800-654-6335
Water & Sewer Companies:
Cranberry Water 724-776-4806
Deer Creek Drainage 724-265-5315
Hampton Water 412-486-4867
Oakmont Water 412-828-3388
Pennsylvania American Water 800-474-7292
Pittsburgh Water & Sewage 412-255-2423
Richland Sewer Authority 724-443-5921
Shaler Water Authority 412-486-9700
West View Water 412-931-3292
Wilkinsburg-Penn Water 412-243-6200
Trash & Hauling:
Allied Waste 800-464-2120
Vogel Disposal 724-625-1511
Waste Management 800-458-4090
Workers that are unable to work because of COVID-19 may be eligible for UC benefits or WC benefits. The following information is now available on the state’s website:
You may be eligible if:
- Your employer temporarily closes or goes out of business because of COVID-19
- Your employer reduces your hours because of COVID-19
- You have been told not to work because your employer feels you might get or spread COVID-19
- You have been told to quarantine or self-isolate, or live/work in a county under government-recommended mitigation efforts
- Online – it’s the fastest and easiest way to get started
- If you are eligible for UC, you will receive two approval letters and a four-digit PIN
- Your PIN will arrive in the U.S. mail – keep it in a safe, easy to remember place
- If approved, your first benefit payment should arrive within four weeks of filing for UC
- HKM Employment Attorneys LLP, a Pittsburgh law firm that represents employees, is offering freea Pittsburgh Coronavirus Response Employee Hotline and Resource Center along with a roundtable (which will be done by telephone) that explains employees’ rights in Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania during the coronavirus pandemic. All these services will be offered free of charge. For more information you can visit their website at https://hkm.com/pittsburgh/coronavirus. To access their hotline, employees can call 412-534-3896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northside Common Ministries Food Pantry: 412-323-1170
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank: 412-460-3663
North Hills Food Bank: 412-366-7477
CHS Food Pantry: 412-246-1688
Swissvale Community Food Pantry: 412-452-2792
Fishes and Loaves Cooperative Ministries: 412-414-3125
Inter-Church Food Bank: 412-771-4088
JFCS Squirrel Hill Food Pantry: 412-421-2708
Rosedale Food Pantry: 412-302-2509
East End Cooperative Ministry: 412-361-5549
Plum Food Pantry: 724-327-0367
An online tool to help essential workers find childcare providers with approved waivers has been created by the Department of Human Services.
CLICK HERE to use the tool.
“While many Pennsylvanians are responsibly heeding guidance from the Department of Health to stay home, there are still many thousands of essential workers whose jobs require that they go out into the world and do work that makes it possible for the rest of us to stay safe and healthy. For many of these workers, safe and stable child care is an essential need,” DHS Secretary Teresa Miller said in a statement.
Much like toilet paper and hand sanitizer, diapers can be hard to come by during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Western Pennsylvania Diaper Bank is trying to keep up with the need for families it regularly serves, plus many more new families.
“There’s growing need the longer people are out of work. The longer this pandemic goes on, the longer we’re going to see a need,” Cathy Battle, executive director of the Western Pennsylvania Diaper Bank, said.
Serving 28 partner agencies, the diaper bank is the only one of its kind in western Pennsylvania.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group