The St. Louis Post-Dispatch says 20-year-old Kaine Louzader was charged Friday. Prosecutors say more charges are expected.
Court documents say dead cats have been turning up on or near Louzader's street outside St. Peters since January. Police contacted Louzader after someone reported seeing him dump a dead cat near his house.
St. Charles County man killed, dismembered cats and kittens he found via Craigslist, charges say https://t.co/R1HTPSzYMO— St. Louis Post-Dispatch (@stltoday) May 11, 2019
St. Charles County police Sgt. Jeff Ochs says Louzader told police he would scour Craigslist ads for free cats, then would take them home and stomp or strangle them. Police say he dismembered some cats before dumping their remains.
Louzader is being held on $50,000 bond and could not be reached Saturday for comment. No lawyer is listed for him in online court documents.
- Trying to lose weight? Here are the worst foods to eat if you're on a diet
- Man dead, woman injured after double stabbing in Carnegie
- Woman dies from rabies after bites from stray puppy during vacation
- VIDEO: American Airlines Pilot Arrested in 2015 Triple Homicide
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.