CHICAGO - A young pharmacist killed in a series of shootings at a Chicago hospital was a “beautiful soul that had dedicated her life to helping others,” NBC Chicago reported.
Dayna Less, 24, had just graduated from Purdue’s pharmacy program and had previously spent time working at a hospital in Kenya, her family and coworkers said Tuesday.
Less' family said they want to remember her not as a victim, “but as a beautiful daughter who overcame adversity and dared to succeed in a tragic world.”
Less was shot by the gunman as she stepped off an elevator at Chicago Mercy Hospital on Monday.
- North Hills gym teacher accused of inappropriate contact with elementary student
- Homes evacuated after gas line breaks in Mt. Lebanon
- Elevator falls 84 floors after cable breaks in Chicago skyscraper
- VIDEO: Pothole leaves more than dozen vehicles with flat tires
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.