COLLIER TOWNSHIP, Pa. — It's been 10 years since a mass shooting at a Pittsburgh-area gym.
On Aug. 4, 2009, George Sodini killed three people and hurt nine more at the L.A. Fitness in Collier Township.
He then took his own life.
According to an online diary that surfaced after the shootings, Sodini seethed with anger and frustration toward women, claiming he hadn't had a girlfriend since 1984 and hadn't slept with a woman in 19 years.
Some of the survivors filed lawsuits against both the gym's parent company and Sodini's estate.
One of the people shot was a pregnant woman. Both she and her baby survived.
- Pittsburgh-area man among those killed in Dayton mass shooting
- Dayton, Ohio shooting: 10 people dead, 30 wounded when gunman attacks bar
- Police searching for woman accused of stealing from Walmart, taking purse from cart in parking lot
- Veteran and his family have new place to call home thanks to nonprofit
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group