SWISSVALE, Pa. - A 16-year-old girl is in critical condition after being shot in the leg early Saturday morning in Swissvale.
Police responded to the 2700 block of Woodstock Avenue around 12:20 a.m., according to investigators.
The victim was taken to a local trauma center.
There were initial reports that the victim had also been run over by a vehicle, but police determined that to be false.
Allegheny County police homicide unit is investigating.
- Boy, 3, dies after accidentally shooting self, authorities say
- Skylights 2018: High school football Round 2 playoff scores
- Parents upset at teacher's use of racial slur while reprimanding students
- VIDEO: Prosecutors Reportedly Have Evidence Of President Trump's Involvement In Hush Money Payments
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.