NEW CASTLE, Pa. - A 6-year-old girl was hit by a stray firework in New Castle.
She was rushed to the hospital, according to 911 dispatchers in Lawrence County.
"She was standing watching the display and was close enough that one hit her," Assistant Fire Chief Mike Petrone said.
One witness told Channel 11 it was a very chaotic situation.
This happened while firefighters in New Castle were at the scene of a fire at a vacant home, believed to have been started by fireworks.
"When we got there, neighbors told us that there were children in the area setting off bottle rockets and fireworks," Petrone said.
- Man killed in motorcycle crash on I-279
- Baby killer punched in face by relative outside courtroom
- Police identify woman in video licking Blue Bell ice cream in Walmart, returning it to freezer
- VIDEO: Furries descend on Pittsburgh for Anthrocon '19
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.