BRENTWOOD, Pa. - A 7-year-old boy is in critical condition after being struck by a pickup truck in Brentwood on Thursday evening.
UPDATE: Pedestrian that was hit in Brentwood is a child. pic.twitter.com/BHgMmKIRDE— Michele Newell (@micheleWPXI) April 18, 2019
The crash happened at Route 51 and Towne Square Way around 5:16 p.m.
Family members said the boy suffered multiple fractures and other injuries. He underwent surgery and is in the intensive care unit.
After county police reconstructed the scene, detectives determined the boy was crossing Route 51 with his younger sibling and his mother, whose hand he was holding, from the side of Town Square Way.
Several people who know the boy told Channel 11 News they were leaving a pediatrician's office across the street.
While they were crossing the street, police said the boy was struck by a Ford Ranger that was traveling southbound in the right line.
The 27-year-old driver of the pickup truck remained at the scene and displayed no signs of intoxication.
Police are still investigating.
- Car plows into gas pump after coming off Rankin Bridge
- Notre Dame Cathedral fire: Officials determine likely cause of blaze
- 'Big decisions will have to be made' Pens GM says
- VIDEO: Skeleton of baby T. rex dinosaur for sale on eBay for $2.95 million; scientists are furious
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.