MIDDLESEX TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A hazmat team was called Friday morning to an animal hospital that was evacuated in Middlesex Township, Butler County.
Officials said a leaking X-ray machine at Twinbrook Animal Clinic on Pittsburgh Road prompted the emergency response. Crews said the substance is not radioactive.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Butler County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
The incident filled a room with fumes and left one worker with a minor burn, officials said.
Hazmat crews are ventilating the building.
Breaking: Emergency crews at a vet clinic in Middlesex Township. Officials tell us everyone was evacuated from the Twinbrook animal clinic after an x-ray machine started leaking. pic.twitter.com/sC51fbSCJr— Amy Marcinkiewicz (@WPXIAmy) May 3, 2019
Hazmat crews ventilated the building. Seven employees were inside the clinic at the time of the accident along with four dogs.
A 7-month-old German Shepherd was on the operating table, intubated, ready for surgery when everyone had to evacuate.
All surgeries and procedures canceled for today rescheduled for another time.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.