EAST PITTSBURGH, Pa. - Wednesday marks six months since an East Pittsburgh police officer took the life of Antwon Rose, 17, as he ran from a traffic stop.
Rose's death ignited weeks of protests in and around the city of Pittsburgh.
It also ultimately led to the disbandment of the East Pittsburgh Police Department, which is 12 miles from downtown.
But wounds in the community have still not fully healed, despite the time that has passed.
WATCH A FULL REPORT BELOW.
- Argument over cellphone leads to shooting
- Colorado child, wife killer Chris Watts receiving love letters from women admirers
- Trump administration moves to officially ban bump stocks
- VIDEO: Man says hunter 'mistook him for Bigfoot,' took shots at him
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.