PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police are looking for two men who are accused of stealing thousands of dollars’ worth of roofing material from their former employer.
Arrest warrants have been issued for Derrick Jerome and Devin Dudas, former employees who were fired from RickJohn Roofing in Lawrenceville.
Management for the roofing company contacted police after they were tipped off by workers at a scrapyard in McKeesport.
- School, nonprofit pack up lunch leftovers for weekend meals
- Woman buys total inventory of closing Payless shoe store, donates to flood victims
- Frozen ready-to-eat beef patties recalled due to possible plastic contamination
- VIDEO: Bolt cutters, acid, a blender: Man charged with torture killing of missing 8-year-old son
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Workers at the scrapyard told them the men had turned in roughly 40, 30 by 8 feet copper roofing sheets over the last couple of months.
RickJohn management went through surveillance footage and suspect the men used a code to get into the company garage.
Police said the video shows the men backing up to the garage and loading up their cars with the materials. Police said detectives were able to match up their drivers licenses with names on the scrap yard receipts.
The total thefts are believed to be well over $4,000.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.