DUQUESNE, Pa. — Duquesne police arrested a 19-year-old man on a number of charges after they say he refused to pull over, then led police on a slow speed chase that ended in West Mifflin.
According to police chief Thomas Dunlevy, Jason Briggs of West Mifflin threw a gun out of the window during the pursuit.
Police also seized heroin and marijuana from the car.
Briggs' girlfriend and their 10-month-old baby were also in the car.
Dunlevy told Channel 11 Briggs was on North 4th Street, which is a dangerous, drug infested area that officers keep a close eye on.
- Slain Colorado mother painted rosy picture of married life
- Boy who drowned gives life to 3 people via transplants
- Serena Williams learned sister's killer was paroled before worst loss of career
- VIDEO: Firefighters rescue dog trapped in sinkhole in Pennsylvania
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group