NORTH MAHONING TOWNSHIP, Pa. — NORTH MAHONING, Pa. (AP) - A fast-moving house fire in western Pennsylvania has left a young girl dead.
The girl's father and her sister were injured in the fire, which broke out shortly before 7 a.m. Sunday in North Mahoning.
Authorities say flames were burning through the roof when firefighters arrived, and the father told them that one of his daughters was apparently trapped in a second-floor bedroom. Firefighters then used a ladder to get into the house, but the girl was pronounced dead a short time later.
The father and the injured daughter were flown by helicopter to a hospital, but further details on their conditions were not immediately available. Their names have not been disclosed.
Investigators determined that the fire was an accident.
- Bar workers charged with serving alcohol to underage drunken driving suspect appear in court
- Pittsburgh Steelers' Antonio Brown not playing in crucial game
- Child killed, 2 others injured in house fire
- VIDEO: Mother accused of hiding daughter's diabetes diagnosis, allowing her to die
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Associated Press