PITTSBURGH - Police believe the driver of an SUV that crashed in a Giant Eagle parking lot was under the influence.
The crash happened just before 3 p.m. at the Giant Eagle on Wharton Street on the South Side.
Police told Channel 11 the driver nearly hit a pedestrian, then side-swiped a car before crashing into a fence.
Heroin and a needle was found in his vehicle and he was given Narcan by officers.
Channel 11's Gordon Loesch saw officer give the driver a field sobriety test and was then arrested.
- 3 teens charged in MS-13 killing of 14-year-old girl used machete, baseball bat, police say
- Investigators: Late Ohio State team doctor abused 177 men
- ONLY ON 11: Local Uber driver describes being blindsided by police after night of driving
- VIDEO: Controversial new SAT scores
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.