Crews had to perform a tricky rescue in Lawrence County Tuesday night after a hiker ended up 30 feet over a hillside on a popular trail at a state park.
Emergency crews told Channel 11 it happened in an area where they've seen this before, near the Kildoo Bridge in McConnells Mill State Park.
Channel 11 is working to find out the man's condition after he was flown to a hospital.
Firefighters told Channel 11 two men were hiking when one of them fell.
"Unfortunately people don’t listen to and or respect the signs. Curiosity, it’s a beautiful park and wanna get pictures and look and see but, it’s a beautiful park and a dangerous park," said Lt. Bill Lunn with the Slippery Rock Township Fire Department.
- McKeesport ranked as one of most dangerous US cities
- Genealogy, DNA solve case of newborn left to freeze to death in ditch 38 years ago
- Pittsburgh Steelers agree to terms on contract with cornerback to 5-year, $25 million deal
- VIDEO: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among 46 charged in nationwide college bribery scheme
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.