PITTSBURGH - An inmate was found dead of suspected suicide Saturday afternoon in his cell at the Allegheny County Jail, the warden said.
A corrections officer making rounds around 4:40 p.m. noticed a window in a cell had been covered, Warden Orlando Harper said in a statement. After attempts to contact the inmate were unsuccessful, officers opened the cell.
They found Dana Abraham, 64, unresponsive with bindings around his neck, Harper said. CPR was immediately performed but responding medics pronounced the inmate dead at 4:54 p.m.
County police are investigating.
- Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller dies at age 26
- Skylights 2018: Vote for your Week 2 Player of the Week
- Pittsburgh officials preparing for remnants of Tropical Storm Gordon
- VIDEO: Police: Man Stabbed by Friend in Neck After Sex
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.