PITTSBURGH - A landslide has forced the closure of a portion of Noblestown Road in Pittsburgh’s Elliott neighborhood.
The road is closed in both directions between Obey and Weaver streets until further notice, officials announced Tuesday. The city hopes to have the road open by Monday.
Public safety officials said they will be monitoring the situation around the clock as a contractor makes repairs. Debris from a Public Works site atop the hillside has hampered cleanup efforts.
No homes have been evacuated, but boats at the top of the hill where the slide occurred were seen close to the edge. Meanwhile, trees were cracked in half, and mud and large rocks tumbled down the hillside.
- Blanks to be fired during active shooter drill at local school
- Live Updates: Tracking Hurricane Florence, impact on Pittsburgh area
- Judge cries as he sentences drunken driver
- VIDEO: Apple Announces New iPhones, Accessory Changes
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.