Police have charged a Fayette County man with homicide in the case of a Fayette County woman who has been missing since September.
Thomas Teets was taken into custody Thursday in connection with the death of 31-year-old Leah Owens. She went missing in September. Her body has not been found.
Channel 11 has put together a timeline of events that led up to today’s arrest.
Sept. 15, 2017
• Leah Owens was last seen at 12:30 p.m. in Mount Pleasant with Thomas Teets.
• According to court documents, Teets arrived home between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. in Owens' vehicle. Teets walked into the kitchen with his shirt off, wrapped around his hand, and covered in blood.
• He walked out of the house, to an adjacent abandoned house, then drove off in Owen’s car.
• Teets was picked up by a friend in Springfield Township, Fayette County and driven to Ruby Memorial Hospital to have his hand treated. That friend later dropped him off at home.
Sept. 16, 2017
• According to court documents, Thomas Teets, showed up at the home of an ex-girlfriend to borrow a shovel and a rake.
Sept. 20, 2017
• Owens' mother went to the state police Uniontown barracks to report her daughter missing.
• Police interview Thomas Teets. According to court documents, he told investigators Owens dropped him off at home.
Sept. 21, 2017
• Police interview Teets again. Investigators said Teets told them he last saw Owens on Sept. 17, when she dropped him off at home and left in her car.
Sept. 25, 2017
• Police find Owens' SUV in a secluded area of Fairview Road in Springfield Township, Fayette County. According to court documents, Teets was seen in this area on Sept. 15.
• A search warrant was executed at his home and police found the keys to Owen’s SUV in a vent on the second floor and three clothing items with suspected blood stains.
Oct. 1, 2017
• Hundreds of volunteers searched wooded areas of Fayette County. Searchers focused their search in a heavily wooded section of Green Lick Hollow in Bullskin Township, on foot, with dogs and using all-terrain vehicles.
Oct. 24, 2017
• Test results come back showing Owens' blood was found on a knife inside her vehicle. According to court documents, Teets' blood was also present on the knife and inside the vehicle.
Oct. 26, 2017
• Thomas Teets was charged with criminal homicide, aggravated assault, robbery, theft by unlawful taking, abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.
- Brother-in-law of missing Fayette Co. woman speaks out
- Hundreds search for Fayette Co. woman missing for weeks
- State police find missing Fayette woman's SUV
Owens' family told Channel 11 News they knew something was wrong when she didn’t show up for a fundraiser for her mother, who has cancer. They then reported Owens missing.
Owens' body has not yet been found.
- Man charged with homicide in case of missing Fayette County woman
- Baby dies from carfentanil toxicity
- Mother of officer killed in Las Vegas shooting dies of a broken heart, family says
- VIDEO: Amazon Key allows packages to be dropped off inside when you're not home
© 2019 Cox Media Group.