PLUM BOROUGH, Pa. - A driver whose car plunged into a swimming pool in Plum Borough Wednesday morning has died, police said.
The man lost control of the car, which crashed through a fence and into the pool at a home along Carrie Ann at Repp roads just before 8 a.m.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police officers and fire crews jumped into the pool and pulled the driver from the water. He was taken to a hospital, where he died.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as 49-year-old William Gibson of Penn Hills.
No one inside the home was injured.
- Diocese says closing schools promotes better learning for students
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- Mom claims pair posing as Child Protection Services workers tried to take son; police investigating
- VIDEO: Soon-to-be brides out of a reception venue after facility abruptly closes
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.