GLASSPORT, Pa. — A man charged with shooting two dogs and killing one of them turned himself in Thursday.
Quincy Cowans allegedly told police he had to shoot the dogs.
On Dec. 28, animal control officers were called to Minnesota Avenue in Glassport for an injured dog running loose.
Officers got information about the owner after Sable Kennels posted pictures of the dog on social media.
- Allderdice High School student killed in shooting
- Mom put 8-month-old baby in outdoor freezer, closed lid, police say
- Police seek help in identifying pair wanted in attempted burglary
- VIDEO: 11 things to do in Pittsburgh this weekend (1/11-1/13)
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Officers found Cowans, who confessed to shooting and dumping the dogs in a junkyard after they got into a fight, according to a criminal complaint.
Cowans took the officers to the dumpsite, where they found the dead dog buried under a pile of brush.
According to the criminal complaint, officers told Channel 11 the other dog survived and is doing well.
Cowans is facing numerous charges, including aggravated cruelty to animals. His hearing Thursday was continued and he was released on $50,000 bond.
© 2020 Cox Media Group