PITTSBURGH - A new app could help victims of domestic violence be notified faster if their abuser is released from custody.
This week, the Center for Victims in the South Side is rolling out a new app called Full Circle.
It sends push alerts to victims of physical or sexual abuse when their abuser is released from jail or is making their way through the court system.
Traditionally, this has been done through phone calls, but organizers believe the app will help streamline the process and do so in real time.
"It's a great tool to provide safety for a victim. It gives the victim the power to make sure they are safe, it puts that tool in their hands," Center for Victims CEO Laurie MacDonald said.
The app will initially appear on a phone as a shopping app for privacy and securty, but once a person is logged in it will show the current status in the court system.
- Auburn University gymnast breaks both legs during floor routine
- Felicity Huffman, 13 others to plead guilty in college admissions bribery scheme
- 3 U.S. service members, 1 contractor killed in roadside bombing in Afghanistan
- VIDEO: Ryan Shazier jumps into new level of physical rehab
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.