PITTSBURGH - Days after losing part of his business in a fire on the Parkway East, the owner of Revival Chili plans to rebuild.
The food trailer burst into flames Friday afternoon during rush hour on the Parkway East inbound.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Nobody was hurt, but the fire shut down at least one lane of the interstate for around two hours.
Thankfully, the truck was carrying a limited amount of cooking fuel.
"He was on his way to the place we go to refill the propane. So there was only a gallon or less in there," Revival Chili owner Jordan Robarge said.
Robarge was on his way to visit family when someone sent him an Instagram post of the fire.
"I turned around immediately, but I stopped for a second and put my head in my hands and said, 'What is going on right now?'" he said.
It's unclear what caused the flames, but Robarge said his driver reacted the right way by immediately removing the trailer from the pickup truck and trying to get the fire extinguisher.
Watch Aaron Martin's full report above to hear more from Robarge about how others have offered to help him and the company get through this.
- Youth football game leads to shootout between people in two cars, chase; innocent woman shot
- Customer service rep more than 800 miles away saves man having stroke on phone call
- High school football player suffers severe brain injury during game
- VIDEO: Newlyweds killed in crash after ceremony
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.