LIGONIER, Pa. - A woman was killed Wednesday morning after she became pinned beneath a FedEx truck in Ligonier.
The crash happened on North Market and East Church streets just after 9 a.m.
Channel 11's Melanie Marsalko has learned drivers and public works employees tried to help Pamela Barkley, 54, of New Florence, but couldn't free her. She died at the scene.
UPDATE —> at this point, police are calling this an unfortunate accident — a 54yo woman died after being pinned beneath this FedEx truck, motorists and public works tried to help free her.. but couldn’t #WPXI pic.twitter.com/6hYSUKMQGf— Melanie Marsalko (@WPXIMelanie) July 10, 2019
Police are calling the incident an "unfortunate accident." The coroner has identified the woman as 54-year-old Pamela Barkley of Fairfield Township.
Police said she was just dropping off 2 young children that she watches — to the covenant preschool next door when the accident happened.
BREAKING —> Police confirm pedestrian killed in accident in Ligonier Borough — working to get more details as soon as possible #WPXI— Melanie Marsalko (@WPXIMelanie) July 10, 2019
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Woman says she was temporarily removed from American Airlines flight to 'cover up' short romper
- VIDEO: Pipeline protest in Marshall Twp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.