HARRISBURG — There have been lots of issues with the roll out of the new unemployment compensation system that launched Tuesday, but the Department of Labor and Industry said some of the main issues are now fixed.
They said more than 200,000 people filed for benefits this week and many already started seeing payments.
“So far we have issued nearly $115 million in payments to 142,000 individuals who have filed since we launched the new system,” said Labor & Industry Acting Secretary Jennifer Berrier.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WPXI apps for alerts as news breaks]
One of the biggest issues was with logging in to the system. You should now be able to sign in if you were unable to before, officials said.
“Since we’ve made the change, we’ve heard from individuals who were affected by this error that they have now been able to successfully login and file the claim, Berrier said.
Some people incorrectly received a “disqualified” status on their claim. That issue seems to have been resolved for the most part, but officials are aware that a few may still be getting either that message or a “monetary ineligible” message by mistake. It’s an issue officials said they are continuing to investigate.
If you are still having issues, officials said you should let them know.
“I encourage those claimants to put their contact information in our SurveyMonkey so that we can reach out to them and try to pinpoint what exactly the issue they’re experiencing is,” Berrier said.
Another issue that has been seen recently is that work search question claimants may be getting. It asks whether or not you’re looking for work. It is not a requirement for unemployment this month.