The Pittsburgh metro area received a failing grade for poor air quality from the American Lung Association.
According to the American Lung Association’s “State of the Air” report for 2019, air quality in the Pittsburgh-New Castle-Weirton metro area got worse for ozone (smog), as well as for daily and long-term measures of fine particle pollution.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Allegheny County received an F for all three measurements of air pollution, making it the only county in the U.S. outside of California to have that distinction, which has been held for at least the last four years, according to the report.
The 2019 report is based on data for the years 2015-2017.
CLICK HERE to view the report.
- Search for missing Illinois 5-year-old focusing on home, police say
- Law ends state license suspensions for non-driving offenses
- Police: Naked juveniles try to evade girl's dad after being found in bed together
- VIDEO: 19-year-old killed when tractor-trailer overturns onto his car
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.