PITTSBURGH - People living in Brighton Heights say they're being overrun by rats.
One man said he catches them just about every half hour around the clock, and has captured over 30 since Saturday.
"It's disgusting. I can't even explain it. You have to be here to actually smell it," George Puhac said.
Puhac lives on McClure Avenue in Brighton Heights next door to an abandoned house.
"We're dealing with not a couple rats or 5 or 10 but 50 or more or actually hundreds," he said.
Just since Saturday, Puhac said he'd caught 32 rats. He said he has called the city and the 311 number for help but nothing has been done for years.
- Local animal rescue group asking for public's help after dog found tied to post, shot to death
- Parent says kindergarten students at New Mexico school kept in cages while waiting for pickup
- 7th-grader donates $15,000 in livestock premiums to St. Jude Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Family finds live frog in salad
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.