PITTSBURGH - Retail giant Walmart may jettison its investment in ModCloth, the ecommerce fashion startup founded out of a Carnegie Mellon University dorm room that still has a presence here.
After buying the fashion ecommerce firm three ago in early 2017 to boost interest from a new generation of online shoppers, Walmart is now pursuing a possible sale of ModCloth and perhaps other ecommerce holdings as it works to overcome losses in its ecommerce division, according to a new Recode report in Vox.
ModCloth operates a facility in Crafton, an operation originally established when the then fast-growing company was based here and often needing of more space but moved its headquarters to San Francisco more than five years ago.
- Juvenile stabbed to death, search underway for suspect on parole
- Largest fentanyl bust in state history made along Pa. turnpike, police say
- Police investigating attempted child abduction report at Hersheypark
- VIDEO: Dog set on fire and killed
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times