Biweekly paychecks due Dec. 21 haven't been distributed, and employees of Ellwood City Hospital say previous paychecks have bounced.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Grant White, CEO of the hospital's parent company, blamed the delayed paychecks on a "significant backlog" in collections. He predicted the hospital's finances would improve this month, pledging in a Dec. 28 email to employees that "everyone will get paid for their work."
Americore Health, a for-profit company based in Florida that has been buying financially-distressed community hospitals, purchased the Lawrence County facility in October 2017.
The hospital was founded in 1913.
- Tax refunds could be delayed with no end in sight to government shutdown
- Wild monkeys with herpes in Florida: Population on the verge of doubling
- Police to patrol Shaler Area High School after threat made
- VIDEO: Mom Says Daughter Was Attacked on School Bus by 12-Year-Old Student
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.