SHALER, Pa. - Students and faculty will see an increased police presence at Shaler Area High School after a threat was made on Thursday.
The district alerted families to the unspecified threat Thursday evening, calling it an “unsubstantiated rumor” in a message to parents.
- Wild monkeys with herpes in Florida: Population on the verge of doubling
- Man critically injured in McKees Rocks shooting
- 11-year-old boy dies after suspected allergic reaction to fish smell, police say
- VIDEO: Mom Says Daughter Was Attacked on School Bus by 12-Year-Old Student
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
“The safety and security of our students is our top priority, and we take any threat very seriously, including rumors,” the district said. “We are fortunate to have strong relationships with our local law enforcement and are grateful to the individuals who brought this rumor to our attention.”
The high school will run on a regular schedule Friday, the district said, but Shaler Township police will monitor the campus.
Police are investigating, the district said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.