PITTSBURGH — A woman was hit by a car after getting off a bus Monday morning in Pittsburgh’s Manchester neighborhood, officials said.
The woman was taken to a hospital after the accident, which was reported about 8 a.m. in the area of Chateau and Rush streets. She was listed in serious to stable condition.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Police said the woman was hit when she crossed into the street after getting off the bus.
At this point, no charges have been filed against the driver, who stayed at the scene, police said.
Riders Channel 11 spoke with said it is an extremely dangerous stretch of road and every time they get off the bus they worry they'll get hit.
Police said the impact of the crash was so strong the woman was thrown into the air.
Riders said accidents like this happen too often and they want some things to change in terms of safety.
#BREAKING Just arrived to pedestrian accident along Chateau St at Rush St in Manchester. Woman taken to the hospital. She got off a bus, crossed into the street and was hit by oncoming car, per officer on scene. Working to get you info. @WPXI pic.twitter.com/JD6tcfBb2h— Mike Holden (@WPXIMikeHolden) July 15, 2019
- Police: Officer shoots, kills man who fired gun in midst of homicide investigation
- 2 dead, dozens hurt after pendulum ride breaks at amusement park
- Law protecting children left in hot cars, Good Samaritans goes into effect
- VIDEO: Baby born 7/11, at 7:11 p.m., weighs 7 pounds, 11 ounces
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group