ROCHESTER, Pa. - A woman has been taken into custody for a second time after police said she stole one of their cruisers when she was handcuffed in the back of the car.
Police said they got a 911 call from a landlord saying somebody was squatting on his property on New York Avenue.
When police arrived, they said they ran 32-year-old Monica Christian's information. Christian was wanted out of Texas for robbery and was reported to have violent tendencies.
Police said when the officer went to put her under arrest, Christian punched and kicked the officer.
JUST IN: Rochester Borough Police say a woman who was being arrested, shimmied through the cruiser cage while handcuffed and drove off in police car. She was wanted out of Texas and has since been taken into custody @WPXI— Amy Hudak (@amy_hudak) July 13, 2019
- Can you solve all the puzzles from the Pittsburgh category on 'Jeopardy'?
- LIVE UPDATES: Shelter in place lifted for 2nd time for everyone
- Humane society flies animals out of path of Hurricane Barry
- VIDEO: Texas Sized Tarantulas Found Creeping Around Austin
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
He finally got her into custody and handcuffed her in the back of the cruiser, according to police. Police said she shimmied her way through the cage of the police cruiser while handcuffed, got in the driver's seat and took off.
Police said Christian was on the run for a couple of hours. People in the community helped officers find her by showing them their surveillance cameras and even putting drones up in the air.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.