This was the ultimate porch pirate.
A North Carolina man said his doorbell camera caught an Amazon driver dropping off a package on his front porch Friday, only to steal it back moments, later, WRAL reported.
A Nest camera at the Raleigh home recorded the scene as the driver dropped off the package, snapped a photo to prove it was delivered and then walked off with it. according to WTVD.
The homeowner, who did not want to be identified, said the package contained about $50 worth of clothes and supplies for his baby daughter, who started day care Monday, WRAL reported
The victim said he contacted Amazon to report the theft and was offered a $5 credit, WTVD reported. But after the video was posted on social media, Amazon boosted its credit to $100, the television station reported.
"We're working with the delivery service partner to investigate the matter and have been in touch with the customer to make it right," an Amazon spokesman said in an email.
Neighbors of the homeowner were stunned by the bold theft.
"He just takes the package?" Brianna Keesee told WRAL. "What a waste of time. He should’ve just not delivered it at all."
"I’d rather go to the store and shop. That way I don’t have to worry about it sitting outside my door," Cliff Powell told the television station as he watched the video. "Think I’ll stick to stores, yeah."
- Teens charged with rolling 80-pound log off cliff that killed photographer below/a>
- SKYLIGHTS 2019: Week 7 high school football scores
- Mysterious lights in sky off North Carolina's Outer Banks caught on camera
- VIDEO: Possible measles exposure at Philadelphia airport; state officials issue warning
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.