A Maine fisherman made a startling discovery this week when he opened a lobster trap in the waters off Maine.
Lobsterman John Mcinnes of Falmouth found an eye-popping, cotton candy-colored lobster with blue claws tinged by purplish hues in his catch, according to WGME.
- 3 hospitals, 2 other businesses targeted with bomb threats Thursday night
- Police make arrest in double stabbing at bus stop in downtown Pittsburgh
- Mom, 2 daughters accused of stealing $250K from company
- VIDEO: Family, friends gather to celebrate Nick Cumer's life
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
A Canadian fisherman made a similar discovery when he hauled in a lobster catch from the waters off the Maine-Canadian border in Nov. 2017.
Robinson Russell, 38, also caught a rare, rainbow-hued lobster with a light blue and pink shell off Grand Manan, similar to the one Mcinnes caught.
Russell’s crustacean was one lucky lobster and was even named Lucky.
The fisherman didn’t have the heart to kill such a rare specimen and gave him to the aquarium in New Brunswick.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.