FARMINGTON, N.M. - A man was arrested after he was found riding an electric shopping cart inside a Walmart while drinking a beer, investigators said.
Tommy Singer, 53, was drinking a beer while riding the cart, which also had an empty beer can in the basket, around 11:30 p.m. May 2, when a store employee confronted him, The Farmington Daily Times reported.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- New Hampshire school cafeteria worker fired for giving food to student who couldn't pay
- Missing pregnant woman found slain with baby cut from womb, Chicago police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
“What beer,” Singer told the employee, then got up and started walking away, the Daily Times reported.
Singer then became belligerent and threatened the employee with a knife, KOAT reported.
He left the store and was taken into custody by police, who found him in possession of $106 worth of unpurchased merchandise including eyeliner, lipstick and beer, KOAT reported.
Singer was arrested and charged with armed robbery and tampering with evidence, the Daily Times reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.