PITTSBURGH - Fans of the Pirates who attended Wednesday night's game against the St. Louis Cardinals had several things to be disappointed about.
The team lost in extra innings and PNC Park ran out of hot dog buns.
It was 'Buc Night' at the ballpark which means $1 admission, $1 fountain drinks and $1 hot dogs. Apparently, organizers miscalculated then ran out of buns.
Of course, bun-less folks took to Twitter to complain.
“Buc Night” —> very rare “ticketed” sporting event for me —> $1 hot dogs —> ”sounds good” —> 3-inning wait in line —> they ran outta buns —> BUCCOS pic.twitter.com/6OAszffxjp— Chris Adamski (@C_AdamskiTrib) April 4, 2019
1 dollar hot dogs!!!!!! And to no surprise the cheapskate pirates run out of buns???? What a disgrace— john killeen (@johnkil03041711) April 4, 2019
The Pirates play the Cincinnati Reds Thursday night at PNC Park. You'll have to pay full price for a hot dog, and hopefully, it comes with a bun.
- 1 dead after car clips porch, crashes into side of home
- Boy found in Kentucky says he's Illinois child missing since 2011, police say
- National Burrito Day 2019: 7 places to get freebies, cheap eats
- VIDEO: Bill introduced to fight ‘pink tax’ on women
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.