PITTSBURGH - A North Catholic student couldn't bring her boyfriend to prom, so the two went to a Pittsburgh Pirates game instead.
Mary is a senior, and her boyfriend, John, is a college student. The school's policy did not allow him to go to the dance with her.
The couple were decked out in their suit and gown when they went to the game Wednesday night and afterward got to go onto the field and have their last dance with Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" playing over the speakers.
The team's photographer also took several photos of them throughout the infield.
Before the night was over we understood that no prom night is complete without one last dance.— Pirates (@Pirates) May 23, 2019
So with the help of many good folks at the park, we took them to the field for a moment they will always remember and a dance to Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight. pic.twitter.com/yVuIclCvR0
- Strong storms, potential for isolated tornado Thursday
- ‘Vomit fraud' on the rise among some ride-share services, including steep fees
- Pennsylvania hosting Fish-For-Free Day this weekend
- VIDEO: Woman's last wish is for her dog to be euthanized, buried with her
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.