Ryan Shazier has adopted the lion as his spirit animal throughout his recovery from a serious spinal injury, posting images of the King of the Jungle to inspire himself and others.
Now the Steelers linebacker is the proud papa of a Lyon.
Shazier and his fiancee, Michelle Rodriguez, welcomed Lyon Carter Shazier to the world just after midnight on Sunday, according to Shazier's Instagram account.
The baby boy and his mother both appeared to be doing well.
Shazier has a son, Ryan Jr., from a previous relationship.
- Report: Ben Roethlisberger criticized Antonio Brown in meetings, demanded he leave practice field
- Family returns from holiday travel, finds man living in their home, police say
- Couple complains about bedbugs, hotel calls police on them
- Weighing the favorites for Golden Globes, airing on Channel 11 tonight
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.