PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed kicker Matt McCrane to the 53-man roster and placed kicker Chris Boswell on the reserve/injured list, the team announced Friday.
McCrane previously played with the Raiders and Cardinals this season. He has converted on five of nine field goal attempts and made all five extra point attempts.
Earlier this month, McCrane was one of two free agent kickers the Steelers tried out following missed field goals by Boswell, according to a report.
Boswell has made 13 of 20 field goals for the Steelers this season.
McCrane originally signed with the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent out of Kansas State following the 2018 NFL Draft.
BREAKING: The @steelers place Chris Boswell on IR, ending his season. Boswell has missed an NFL worst 12 kicks this season.— Chase Williams WPXI (@chasepwilliams) December 28, 2018
The Steelers sign tryout kicker Matt McCrane to the 53 man roster pic.twitter.com/oRoVsglHWK
- 40-year-old Doritos bag found during nature trail cleanup
- Power plant explosion turns NYC sky neon blue, causes power outage at LaGuardia Airport
- Mother praises Target worker for helping calm her toddler
- VIDEO: Woman wants back dog that went missing, was adopted by someone else
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.