PITTSBURGH - Evgeni Malkin left the Penguins' game against the Blue Jackets midway through the second period on Saturday and did not return to the game.
Malkin caught Kris Letang's skate and fell awkwardly into the boards.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for sports news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Trainer Chris Stewart returned to the Penguins' bench a few minutes later without Malkin, and walked down the line behind the bench, stopping to say something to each of the coaches while blocking his mouth with a towel.
Nick Bjugstad went down the tunnel with a trainer with 12:57 remaining in the third period. After rewatching his last shift, it's not clear why he left. He did not return to the game.
- Woman managed to get past security and onto Delta flight
- WATCH: Simone Biles lands historic triple-double, double-double moves at world championships
- What you can do to stop receiving so many robocalls
- VIDEO: Homeless opera singer performs onstage, considers record deal
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts