2019 WPXI Holiday Parade Fall 2019 Internship
Strong writing skills and social media experience required
15 hours per week/Minimum wage
The intern would be assisting with the production, planning and execution of the WPXI Holiday Parade which is held annually in downtown Pittsburgh in late November.
Following attributes are important:
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong writing & research skills
- Ability to multi task and follow through on all assignments
- Must be available to work the day of the Parade, Saturday November 30, 2019.
- Assisting in the planning process for the annual Holiday Parade.
- Aid in execution of tasks during the Parade.
- Assist in researching acts, bands, musical guests for the Parade.
- Follow up with and communicate with acts throughout the planning process.
- Write social media posts to promote & garner interest in Parade.
Interested candidates should email their resume to Kim Connolly, Parade Producer at email@example.com by May 15, 2019.
Sales Department Paid Internship
The Sales Department intern will support the day-to-day activities of the sales team. They will learn valuable skills related to Sales and a general office. They will have opportunity to be creative, grow professionally and learn valuable professional skills outside the classroom. They will work no more than 15 hours per week and be paid minimum wage.
- Attend all station meetings….Quarterly staff, Olympic meetings
- Attend weekly sales meetings to learn and understand the business and projects
- Work with the web department – Julie Jena will provide duties
- Closely shadow and work with specific Account Executives on projects and sales calls
- Go out on sales calls with reps
- Work with other Departments if interested especially News. Work at the Assignment Desk and go out with reporters
- Research the internet for any new leads
- Check competitors websites for advertisers
- Provide assistance to the National Sales team by printing contracts in WO, communicating with our National Sales staff, CoxReps both through phone conversation and our software program Medialine, filing
- Send Spot Time reports on Mondays and Fridays
- File Public File documents in folders in Executive Offices
- Answer the main switchboard for the entire station daily to cover for receptionist during his lunch
- Various office duties
Please contact Sharon Parkes @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 412/237-1228 if you are interested
© 2019 Cox Media Group.