SUBEI COUNTY, China - A brown bear in China had an unlucky accident, but it turned out to be the bear's lucky day.
A staff member of the local wildlife management office said the bear probably wandered down from a mountain and fell into the water at a hydropower station. Workers at the station found the bear trapped on a grate, soaking wet, and called for help.
The bear was old and had no front teeth.
- Police arrest mother of boy found wandering in North Braddock; she says she was 'at store'
- PHOTOS: Fox spotted on roof of Duquesne Club in downtown Pittsburgh
- Police arrest Freedom Area head football coach in connection with child porn charges
- VIDEO: Teacher accused of inappropriately touching 4 female students
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
After searching for a solution, rescue workers decided to use an excavator to haul the bear out. It got into the bucket of the excavator and workers lifted it from the spillway.
It took six hours, but wildlife management staff finally got the bear into a cage on the back of a truck and drove it away to a safer location.