PITTSBURGH - Structural issues are forcing a Pittsburgh fire station to temporarily close, fire officials said.
Fire Station 8, in East Liberty, is closing Thursday for necessary repairs.
All Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire personnel housed at Fire Station 8, along with three fire trucks, will be moved to different stations while work takes place.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news.
CLICK HERE to find out how.
- 2 children dead, 10 hurt in crash of stolen Ohio police cruiser, officials say
- Added police presence at local high school after weapon found
- Large wave strikes, kills beachgoer along Maryland shore
- VIDEO: 11 Investigates: New data shows assaults against teachers and students is rising
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire will also be adding a truck to one of the locations to make sure the transition goes smoothly.
People who are currently served by Fire Station 8 will have uninterrupted service and the neighborhoods helping house the units will not be overwhelmed.
Fire officials haven't said when the work will be complete.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.