• Coroner: Woman likely died drying clothes with oven

    Updated:

    MONESSEN, Pa. - The Westmoreland County coroner’s office said a 77-year-old Monessen woman likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning from using her gas oven to dry clothes in her apartment.

    The office said Sandra Troillo was found dead in her second-floor apartment on Oneida Street in Monessen Monday morning by her son who was coming to pick her up for a doctor’s appointment.

    The rest of the Easgate Manor apartment building was evacuated as a precaution, though nobody else was believed to be injured by the fumes.

    Authorities said there aren’t carbon monoxide detectors in the rooms, but there are detectors in the hallways. The hallway detector went off when Troillo’s son opened her door.

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Coroner: Woman likely died drying clothes with oven

  • Headline Goes Here

    Looking back at The Blizzard of '93

  • Headline Goes Here

    Teen "set-up" by man he met on Grindr, beaten in ruthless attack

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police need help identifying woman found dead inside mall

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Child, 12, sent threat that closed Pennsylvania school district