ARLINGTON, Texas — A newborn at an Arlington, Texas, hospital broke records.
According to KXAS, teachers Jennifer Medlock and Eric Medlock, welcomed a 14-pound, 13-ounce baby boy Dec. 12 at Arlington Memorial Hospital. His name is Ali James Medlock.
The 21.5 inch-long boy, born via Cesarean section, is the biggest baby their doctor delivered in his more than three decades of practice. A spokesperson for Texas Health Resources confirmed to USA Today that, to their knowledge, Ali has in fact set the record for the largest baby born at the hospital.
“We did not expect 14 pounds,” Jennifer Medlock told USA Today. “Nobody did.”
- Bar workers charged with serving alcohol to underage drunken driving suspect appear in court
- Police investigating deadly crash in Fayette Co.
- Child killed, 2 others injured in house fire
- VIDEO: Mother accused of hiding daughter's diabetes diagnosis, allowing her to die
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Jennifer Medlock told KTVT her family was already expecting a bigger-than-average baby, because Ali’s big sister, Annabelle, was 9 pounds, 10 ounces at birth.
“It doesn’t matter how big he is.” the new mom of two said. “I’m so blessed.”
© 2020 Cox Media Group