After her firefighter father lost his life, Phoenix firefighters accompanied a girl to her first day of Kindergarten.
Emery Beck's father, Brian Beck Jr., died in May from occupational cancer, AZFamily.com reported. He was 31.
- Dad charged after 3-year-old daughter drowned in backyard pool
- 3 hospitals, 2 other businesses targeted with bomb threats Thursday night
- Police make arrest in double stabbing at bus stop in downtown Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Family, friends gather to celebrate Nick Cumer's life
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Emery, 5, started school on Wednesday. While her dad wasn't there physically, he was surely there in spirit as several firefighters escorted Emery to school on her first day of class.
United Phoenix Firefighters posted a photo of the touching scene to Facebook.
"Today, (Brian Beck's) brother and sister firefighters made certain that Emery Beck’s first day of Kindergarten didn't go unnoticed by her fire department family," the caption of the photo said. "We love you Beck family and will never forget the sacrifice you have made for the citizens of Phoenix."
As of Friday afternoon, the photo had more than 3,000 "reactions."
Beck is the second Phoenix firefighter to die from job-related cancer this year, AZFamily.com reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.