CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A young boy and girl were killed in northwest Charlotte by their mother who then committed suicide, police said.
The children, ages 7 and 3, were found badly assaulted at a home on Sebastiani Drive and were pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.
The mother jumped off the I-485 bridge near Mount Holly Road, police said.
Police are still investigating.
This is a developing story. Check with WSOCTV.com for updates.
- Employee arrested following violent incident at Pizza Milano
- Over 60 barges break loose on Ohio River
- Parkway East 'bathtub' section remains closed; travel advisory issued for Steelers game
- Two rescued after 'bathtub' area of I-376 floods
- VIDEO: Hawaiian Missile Threat Alert is False Alarm
© 2018 Cox Media Group.