Before you have that bowl of cottage cheese, you will want to check the container.
Breakstone is recalling about 9,500 cases of its cottage cheese due to potential foreign materials contamination, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
Specifically, there could be pieces of plastic or metal in the containers. There have been six complaints from consumers finding the contamination, but no illness or injuries.
- Breakstone 2% milkfat lowfat large curd cottage cheese, 16 ounce, best by Dec. 10, 2019, UPC 0 21000 30053 2
- Breakstone 4% milkfat large curd cottage cheese, 24 ounce, best by Dec 10, 2019, UPC 0 21000 12285 1
- Breakstone 4% milkfat small curd cottage cheese, 24 ounce, best by Dec. 10 2019, UPC 0 21000 12284 4
The company is advising consumers not to eat the affected cottage cheese and return it for a full refund or exchange. If you have questions, call 1-866-572-3805, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. EST.
- 2-year-old gets hands on gun, woman accidentally shot in Westmoreland County
- Ross Township police lieutenant suspended without pay over alleged inappropriate comments
- 'Jeopardy's' Ken Jennings, James Holzhauer to face off in prime time special
- VIDEO: Ex-wife of John Chapman shares shocking new details
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.