Men listen up: Your "no shave" November beard might be something to consider year round. A new study suggests a majority of women who date men really like a guy with with facial hair, but not too much.
The study surveyed about 8,500 women between the ages of 18 and 100. They were asked to choose between photos of men with different levels of facial hair.
- Jury sentences one of Greensburg Six to death
- LIVE UPDATES: Thousands without power as a result of winter weather
- LIVE UPDATES: Some schools delayed Friday morning due to storm
- VIDEO: Meteorologist Danielle Dozier explains how to measure ice accumulation
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Researchers found a majority of the women preferred men with 10 days worth of facial hair growth, which they described as "light to heavy stubble." Next in order of preference were men with full beards, then those with light stubble.
Men who were clean-shaven were ranked as the least attractive by participants.
The study was published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology.