PITTSBURGH - The city of Pittsburgh is honoring its first responders Wednesday night for their heroic acts during the mass shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue.
Mayor Bill Peduto presented plaques to all first responder agencies to commemorate their commitment to keep Pittsburgh safe.
Pittsburgh police officer Tim Matson was also honored Tuesday night at the State of the Union address in Washington D.C. He was shot seven times while chasing down the gunman on Oct. 27.
Hear more from Mayor Peduto by watching below:
- Private criminal complaints filed against Mayor Peduto over proposed gun reform legislation
- Peduto, councilman say gun control legislation has prompted death threats
- Activists launch online fundraiser with explicit, hateful language against Mayor Peduto
- VIDEO: Mayor Peduto calls out DA for gun control comments, says 'arrest me'
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.